Voting for Rotary Club of Orangeville Highlands’s Rotary Community Choice Grants is Now Open!
On March 17, voting opened up for the Rotary Club of Orangeville Highlands Rotary Community Choice Grants. In this new program, designed to help smaller and less known organizations get funding, the public can select up to three local nonprofits and charities to receive $1000. The three organizations that obtain the most votes would be the grant beneficiaries.
“All nonprofits are all struggling right now,” said Michele Fisher, Chair of the Rotary Grants Committee. “We especially want to help the ‘little guys,’ where $1,000 can make a real difference in their programming.”
To have been eligible for the Rotary Community Choice grants, organizations have to have fulfilled a set of criteria related put forth by Rotary while also demonstrating a genuine need for the funding. Furthermore, the registered nonprofit or charity must serve Orangeville residents, although it does not need to be based within the town’s limits. All in all, twenty-eight of the nominated organizations successfully passed the eligibility review. The public made their nominations in the second half of February.
“We were blown away by the community’s response,” stated Fisher. “Through the nominations, we learned about a lot of services operating below-the-radar that are providing critical help to people in our town.”
“The new Rotary Community Choice Grants program aims to put the power in the hands of the people to help local nonprofits that are closest to their hearts.”
The organizations that one can vote on are:
- Dufferin County Cultural Resource Circle
- Headwaters Communities In Action
- KidSport Orangeville & District
- Caledon Townhall Players
- Believe Bags
- Active Lives After School Dufferin
- Celebrate Your Awesome
- IODE Headwaters Chapter Orangeville
- Youth Unlimited YFC Highlands
- Soup Sisters Dufferin
- God’s Closet Orangeville
- Theatre Orangeville – Creative Partners on Stage
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dufferin & District
- Dufferin Parent Support Network
- Fiddlehead Care Farm
- Cafe @ The Centre
- Orangeville Music Theatre
- Dufferin Youth Shelter
- Dufferin County Canadian Black Association
- Autism Speaks Canada – Orangeville
- Community Living Dufferin
- Orangeville Food Bank
- Family Transition Place
- Shine Through the Rain Foundation
- IODE Yellow Briar
- Ontario SPCA and Humane Society Orangeville and District Animal Centre
- Streams Community Hub
- Alzheimer Society of Dufferin County
One can find more information on the organizations on the Rotary Club of Orangeville Hyland’s website. To vote, click here.
The voting period for the Rotary Community Choice Grants closes on March 24. In the event of a tie, the beneficiary will be decided by a random draw. In addition to the three organizations that obtained the most votes, the Rotary Grants Committee will be choosing two more nonprofits to receive $1000. This is meant to help ‘smaller nonprofits that do not have a large social media following.’
“Our local nonprofits have been doing an incredible job of serving the community throughout the pandemic, all while struggling financially themselves. We hope that these grants help at a time when they need them the most,” said Fisher.
At this time, over one thousand people have voted. Rotary Club of Orangeville Highlands’s Rotary Community Choice Grant recipients are slated to be announced by March 31.
Note: Updated on March 19, 1:00 am to include further comments and information provided by the Rotary Club of Orangeville Highlands.
Reference Links – VOTE NOW FOR THREE DUFFERIN NON-PROFITS TO RECEIVE $1000
- Rotary Community Choice Grants – VOTE!
- Rotary Community Choice Grant Nominees
- Rotary Community Choice Grants – Eligibility
More Dufferin News
- Melancthon One Step Closer to Filling Council Vacancy
- WDGPH: ‘Number of factors at play’ BIPOC 5x more likely to catch COVID
- Amaranth Mayor Bob Currie: “All Lives Matter”
- Andrew Cunningham: Black History Month in Dufferin
- Polvier Folkes-Grandison: Black History Month in Dufferin
- Trisha Linton: Black History Month in Dufferin
- Dufferin County Rejects WDGPH Request for Assistance
- Internet in Town of Mono: ‘No Home Left Behind’
- Shelburne’s Police Services Board – More Barriers Broken
- Township of Amaranth Council Vacancy Filled!
- A New Magazine with A ‘Local Purpose’ is On Its Way!
- Dufferin Marketing Firm Grows While Giving Back
- Vaccines: Headwaters Hospital Manager Puts Family First
- A Discussion with Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- Two cars go off road in a week at Rolling Hills & McCannell
- WDPGH Releases COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- #Shoes4Shelburne 2020: An Overwhelming Success
- Rogers, Bank of China, Anti-Abortion Groups Take CEWS
- Shelburne’s Deck The Door Contest 2020 has a Victor!
- A Taste of Jamaica in Shelburne with Smokey Island Grille
- More on ‘Workplace Isolating’ in East Garafraxa Township
- East Garafraxa Public Works Staff ‘Workplace Isolating’
- Update on vacant council seat in Amaranth Township
- IS AMARANTH’S MAYOR CURRIE RESIGNING?
- AMARANTH MAYOR CURRIE UNLEASHES HIS FURY
- Amaranth Residents Call Out Mayor Currie’s Empty Threat
- Mayor Bob Currie Protests Donation to Food Banks
- IS AMARANTH’S MAYOR CURRIE RESIGNING?
- AMARANTH MAYOR DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO RAISE PRIDE FLAG FOR 2021
- AMARANTH’S DEPUTY MAYOR CALLS OUT MAYOR’S PRIDE INTOLERANCE
- AMARANTH MAYOR: WHY CAN’T WE USE THE RIVER TO FIGHT FIRES?!
- AMARANTH’S DEPUTY MAYOR FIGHTS FOR DIVERSITY COMMITTEE
- Amaranth Council Meeting Cancelled – Amaranth Pride Flag Recap
- Amaranth Mayor’s Pride Comments & Council’s Reaction
- ‘Trojan Horse’ Proposed at Fung Loy Kok in Mono
- Dufferin County Councillor Brings Religion Into Politics
- A Seasonal Holiday Market: Places to Spot and Shop
- Passionate Outpourings, A Life of Much Artistic Verve & Vitality!
- Shelburne Street Names Will Honour Black & Indigenous Past
- Robert Allen: A Man For All Seasons
- Orangeville Transit Hub Downtown Location Gets Nixed
- Orangeville Council Wants Access to Drive Tests Limited
- NEW DETAILS ON WE CHARITY ‘EXONERATION’
- MP Kyle Seeback Asks For Local Business Nominations!
- There is assistance for homeless men in Dufferin County!
- Dufferin News Contributor Gets 3rd at McMichael Art Show
- My Crafty Neighbour has a space with limitless opportunity!
- New Grand Valley Pizza Place Opens Tonight!
- “Please…symptoms can widely range…don’t assume it’s just a cold!”
- Town of Orangeville Staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Epidemiologist Calls Out Upper Grand DSB
- Ontario teachers, exposed to COVID, may still go to class
- UGDSB TRUSTEE CALLS BUSES “ROLLING INCUBATORS”
- IS ENOUGH BEING DONE TO KEEP LUNCHES SAFE IN THE UGDSB?
- ‘Glimmer of hope’ as Dufferin business community nears second wave
- Through the eyes of a Canadian female collective
- Robert Allen: A Man For All Seasons
- Marnie Cooke: “How do you turn off your ears?”
- Streams Community Hub: A New Age For The Dufferin Arts
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- ORANGEVILLE USED IN MARKETING CROWD CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Orangeville Food Bank Has Officially Moved!
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!