Driven to Create… by Connie Munson
Join us on the updated virtual Artful & Artisanal Commerce Corridor to browse leisurely and then with increased purpose the many bazaars, holiday markets, and shows for shopping online from local makers.
The virtual platforms ensure a safe visit which you can access from the comfort of your armchair. Arrangements vary for payment, curbside pickups or delivery.
Heritage Mississauga has intriguing offerings to view for their online auction, Holiday Celebration 2020. The proceeds are used for the Heritage Resource Centre which supports programming. Buy a gift and help with these worthy initiatives here!
Mississauga Arts Council is launching an online Holiday Arts Boutique that will feature products and services from local Mississauga creatives. From visual arts, photography, music to buy, dance lessons, apparel, accessories, and lots more, there is something creative for everyone on your list this year. Launching on Thursday, December 10, check it out here. Buying and delivery arrangements made with each artist.
Arts On The Credit had their inaugural virtual 3-dimensional show, Inspired, last Thursday, December 3 with a tremendous response for this premiere virtual opening! Check it out here!
“You will be able to contact the artists directly to purchase their work and add to your collection, directly from the gallery.”
Visual Arts Mississauga has a beautiful online show, Wintertime Wishes, their Members Themed show, 2020. Visit their website for their full online programming.
The 21st Annual Lakeshore Art Trail is virtually accessible with their Holiday Fine Art Market showcasing artists’ new work. Peruse their members’ online shops at your leisure. Please click on the Holiday Fine Art Market poster to be brought to our first-ever Online Art Trail! Sales and deliveries arranged with each artist.
ArtTrendZ continues their Virtual Holiday Bazaar! for the month of December with jewelry, art cards, prints, photographs, and more starting from $10.00; all priced at $$ONE Hundred or under! Visit each of the seven boutiques here.
Museum of Dufferin’s 16th annual Holiday Treasures show opens December 1 at 11 am and runs through December 12 with virtual and on-site shopping. Book ahead at 519 941-1114 for monitored access to shop in person. Open Tuesdays – Saturdays from 11 – 4 pm and on Thursdays, 11 am – 7 pm.
The MoD is located north on Airport Road in Mulmur, Ontario L9V 0L3. This show traditionally draws many fine artists and artisans from across Ontario. Check it out here!
Headwaters Arts has the Cape Breton Highlands, Sherry Park’s solo show, online for viewing and purchasing. Personalized arrangements for buying, pickup and/or delivery in further detail at this link. Sherry’s show is on through January 3, 2021, in The Pond Gallery at Alton Mill Arts Centre, and can be seen virtually here.
And staying LIVE for the month of December, you can still check out almost 100 artists from six different guilds at Arts Burlington’s Online Christmas Sale here. With members from all over southern Ontario, even from as far north as Ottawa, their online marketing for members is awesome!
Weavers, carvers, potters, hookers, fine art, and photography, it is clear that those creative makers have been busy in their studios.
Visual Arts Brampton, A Non-profit Arts Community Encouraging Creativity, has Gift Certificates to use for their popular Zoom Paint Nights or even Memberships. Visit their Facebook page to see the range of activities and community engagement, here, or look at the courses offered on their website.
Questions? Call 905-453-9142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Find more information on the paint nights here.
Credit Valley Artisans in Georgetown has opened up their online Christmas Sale featuring 15 artist members from three of their guilds. Palette & Pencil Guild, Potters & Sculptors Guild, and Stained Glass Artisans. Check it out here!
Beaux Arts Gallery opened at their new location with Winter Art Show and Sale, a virtual show running from November 19 – January 31, sponsored by the Downtown Brampton BIA. An amazing show and a stellar range of work! Artists come from all over the GTA, the southwest in Burlington, up north in Mono, and from all over Peel Region to enter work in the shows at this gem of a gallery. Check it out here!
With such a hustle and a bustle going on, these many non-profit and charitable arts and cultural organizations invite you to sit back in that comfy chair, check your naughty and nice list, and let your fingers do the clicking!
Driven to Create© is a column Connie Munson, local photographer, artist, and writer, has developed for various arts organizations to profile their artist-members. She is a director on the board of Headwaters Arts, which has their gallery in the Alton Mill Arts Centre in Caledon, a member of several other arts organizations, and may be reached at email@example.com.
References – A Seasonal Holiday Market – An update!
- Heritage Mississauga – Holiday Celebration 2020
- Mississauga Arts Council: Holiday Arts Boutique
- Arts On The Credit Virtual Gallery
- Visual Arts Mississauga: Wintertime Wishes
- The 21st Annual Lakeshore Art Trail is virtually accessible with their Holiday Fine Art Market
- ArtTrendz: An Artist Collective
- HOLIDAY TREASURES – Museum of Dufferin
- Sherry Park Solo Show: Cape Breton Highlands
- Arts Burlington Christmas Sale Gallery
- Visual Arts Brampton – Website
- Visual Arts Brampton – Facebook
- Paint Night at Home – Visual Arts Brampton
- Credit Valley Artisans
- Winter Art Show – Beaux Arts Brampton
- East Garafraxa Public Works Staff ‘Workplace Isolating’
- Councillor for Township of Melancthon Asked to Resign
- Melancthon Councilmembers Asked to Rethink Pay Raise
- Melancthon Council gives itself a pay raise in 2021
- Melancthon Councillor Resigns after ‘defamatory assaults’
- Amaranth Councilmembers Move Towards Filling Vacancy
- Mayor Currie Questions Integrity Commissioner’s Value – Audio Clip
- Mayor of Amaranth responds to investigation report
- Amaranth Mayor Currie Speaks to Workplace Harrassment Report – Audio Clip
- Update on vacant council seat in Amaranth Township
- IS AMARANTH’S MAYOR CURRIE RESIGNING?
- AMARANTH MAYOR CURRIE UNLEASHES HIS FURY
- Amaranth Residents Call Out Mayor Currie’s Empty Threat
- Mayor Bob Currie Protests Donation to Food Banks
- IS AMARANTH’S MAYOR CURRIE RESIGNING?
- AMARANTH MAYOR DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO RAISE PRIDE FLAG FOR 2021
- AMARANTH’S DEPUTY MAYOR CALLS OUT MAYOR’S PRIDE INTOLERANCE
- AMARANTH MAYOR: WHY CAN’T WE USE THE RIVER TO FIGHT FIRES?!
- AMARANTH’S DEPUTY MAYOR FIGHTS FOR DIVERSITY COMMITTEE
- Amaranth Council Meeting Cancelled – Amaranth Pride Flag Recap
- Amaranth Mayor’s Pride Comments & Council’s Reaction
- ‘Trojan Horse’ Proposed at Fung Loy Kok in Mono
- Dufferin County Councillor Brings Religion Into Politics
- A Seasonal Holiday Market: Places to Spot and Shop
- Passionate Outpourings, A Life of Much Artistic Verve & Vitality!
- Dufferin Organizations Can Get Help Succeeding Online
- Shelburne Street Names Will Honour Black & Indigenous Past
- DCCBA Another Landmark for Diversity in Dufferin
- Robert Allen: A Man For All Seasons
- Orangeville Transit Hub Downtown Location Gets Nixed
- Orangeville Council Wants Access to Drive Tests Limited
- NEW DETAILS ON WE CHARITY ‘EXONERATION’
- MP Kyle Seeback Asks For Local Business Nominations!
- ORANGEVILLE USED IN MARKETING CROWD CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
- Stolen pair of shoes leads to over 1000 Shoes for Shelburne
- There is assistance for homeless men in Dufferin County!
- Santa Claus will be coming to Orangeville… on a firetruck!
- My Crafty Neighbour has a space with limitless opportunity!
- Town of Orangeville launches COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards
- New Grand Valley Pizza Place Opens Tonight!
- “Please…symptoms can widely range…don’t assume it’s just a cold!”
- Town of Orangeville Staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Epidemiologist Calls Out Upper Grand DSB
- Ontario teachers, exposed to COVID, may still go to class
- UGDSB Trustee Raises BIG CONCERNS Over School Lunchtime
- School Buses May Pose BIGGEST RISK to UGDSB Return To School
- UGDSB TRUSTEE CALLS BUSES “ROLLING INCUBATORS”
- IS ENOUGH BEING DONE TO KEEP LUNCHES SAFE IN THE UGDSB?
- VENTILATION AND HVAC IN UGDSB SCHOOLS
- WILL REMOTE LEARNING CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF BUSES IN UGDSB?
- UGDSB PROVIDES DETAILS ON PROTOCOL IF COVID HITS SCHOOLS
- ‘Glimmer of hope’ as Dufferin business community nears second wave
- Through the eyes of a Canadian female collective
- Robert Allen: A Man For All Seasons
- Marnie Cooke: “How do you turn off your ears?”
- The Artful Revival Festival – Social Distancing Applies!
- Streams Community Hub: A New Age For The Dufferin Arts
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Orangeville Food Bank Has Officially Moved!
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.