The pandemic has emphasized the need to be online. Those running Dufferin organizations know this better than most. Businesses and charities have had to adapt quickly. That being said, as the end of 2020 approaches, there are many still having difficulties establishing themselves.
Luckily, there is an opportunity for local businesses and charities to get assistance growing their online presence from a group of professionals.
For the past two years, Dufferin Media has held its ‘Adopt a Charity’ campaign offering marketing services for one charity. Now, the digital marketing company is looking to adopt two registered charities and two businesses for the upcoming year of 2021. One charity and one business selected will be local, from Dufferin County. The other two organizations can be from anywhere in the world.
“The goal is to help these charities and businesses increase their online presence and exposure. These efforts will in turn hopefully increase funds raised for the charities and assist with sales for the businesses,” explained Sarah Clarke, owner of Dufferin Media. With restrictions on events, many charities had limited capacity to raise desperately needed funds. Small businesses have also faced similar constraints and had to adapt their strategy often with a great expense. Dufferin Media is in a fortunate position to be able to help.
Dufferin Media has been assisting the Orangeville Food Bank for the past seven years with its digital marketing. In the past two years since Dufferin Media has been holding its Adopt-A-Charity contest, they have helped the Neighbourhood Information Post in 2019 and All Paws Rescue in 2020. Neighbourhood Information Post offers programs that are geared towards assisting the Downtown Toronto East community with housing and living expense issues. All Paws Rescue is located in Brampton and is a cat rescue that focuses on re-homing kittens and cats. Moreover, Dufferin Media has strategic partnerships with several local businesses, including Dufferin’s Spotlight.
The local charity, local business, and international business chosen will receive a package of services from Dufferin Media for the entire year of 2021. This includes Google My Business optimization, monthly posts to Google My Business, monthly social media content creation, and social media audience growth. Furthermore, these organizations will receive social media management on three platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIN.
The international charity that is adopted will receive a similar assortment of services, plus: branding and strategy consulting, monthly website content support, a website upgrade or refresh if it is required, in addition to paid ad management and event promotion.
“My heart goes out to everyone in the world that has been affected by the Global Pandemic. Based on our core value, ‘we care’, this initiative aligns with how Dufferin Media feels about what is happening this year and how it is impacting our local community and the rest of the World,” said Sarah Clarke.
Nominations will be accepted until December 22nd, 2020. Businesses can apply here, while charities should apply through here. The team from Dufferin Media will meet on December 23rd to discuss the entries and vote on who will be adopted.
Full Disclosure: Dufferin Media and Dufferin’s Spotlight are strategic partners.
References – Dufferin Organizations Can Get Help Succeeding Online
- Dufferin Media
- Press Release: Dufferin Media looking to Adopt Two Charities and Two Businesses for 2021
- Dufferin Media Adopt a Business 2021
- Dufferin Media Adopt a Charity 2021
- Strategic Alliance Formed Between Dufferin’s Spotlight and Dufferin Media
- Dufferin Media – Dufferin’s Spotlight on Business
- Shelburne Street Names Will Honour Black & Indigenous Past
- DCCBA Another Landmark for Diversity in Dufferin
- A Seasonal Holiday Market: Places to Spot and Shop
- Robert Allen: A Man For All Seasons
- Orangeville Transit Hub Downtown Location Gets Nixed
- Councillor for Township of Melancthon Asked to Resign
- Orangeville Council Wants Access to Drive Tests Limited
- Melancthon Councilmembers Asked to Rethink Pay Raise
- Melancthon Council gives itself a pay raise in 2021
- Melancthon Councillor Resigns after ‘defamatory assaults’
- Amaranth Councilmembers Move Towards Filling Vacancy
- Mayor Currie Questions Integrity Commissioner’s Value – Audio Clip
- Mayor of Amaranth responds to investigation report
- Amaranth Mayor Currie Speaks to Workplace Harrassment Report – Audio Clip
- Update on vacant council seat in Amaranth Township
- IS AMARANTH’S MAYOR CURRIE RESIGNING?
- AMARANTH MAYOR CURRIE UNLEASHES HIS FURY
- Amaranth Residents Call Out Mayor Currie’s Empty Threat
- Mayor Bob Currie Protests Donation to Food Banks
- IS AMARANTH’S MAYOR CURRIE RESIGNING?
- AMARANTH MAYOR DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO RAISE PRIDE FLAG FOR 2021
- AMARANTH’S DEPUTY MAYOR CALLS OUT MAYOR’S PRIDE INTOLERANCE
- AMARANTH MAYOR: WHY CAN’T WE USE THE RIVER TO FIGHT FIRES?!
- AMARANTH’S DEPUTY MAYOR FIGHTS FOR DIVERSITY COMMITTEE
- Amaranth Council Meeting Cancelled – Amaranth Pride Flag Recap
- Amaranth Mayor’s Pride Comments & Council’s Reaction
- ‘Trojan Horse’ Proposed at Fung Loy Kok in Mono
- Dufferin County Councillor Brings Religion Into Politics
- NEW DETAILS ON WE CHARITY ‘EXONERATION’
- MP Kyle Seeback Asks For Local Business Nominations!
- ORANGEVILLE USED IN MARKETING CROWD CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
- Stolen pair of shoes leads to over 1000 Shoes for Shelburne
- There is assistance for homeless men in Dufferin County!
- Santa Claus will be coming to Orangeville… on a firetruck!
- My Crafty Neighbour has a space with limitless opportunity!
- Town of Orangeville launches COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards
- New Grand Valley Pizza Place Opens Tonight!
- “Please…symptoms can widely range…don’t assume it’s just a cold!”
- Town of Orangeville Staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Epidemiologist Calls Out Upper Grand DSB
- Ontario teachers, exposed to COVID, may still go to class
- UGDSB Trustee Raises BIG CONCERNS Over School Lunchtime
- School Buses May Pose BIGGEST RISK to UGDSB Return To School
- UGDSB TRUSTEE CALLS BUSES “ROLLING INCUBATORS”
- IS ENOUGH BEING DONE TO KEEP LUNCHES SAFE IN THE UGDSB?
- VENTILATION AND HVAC IN UGDSB SCHOOLS
- WILL REMOTE LEARNING CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF BUSES IN UGDSB?
- UGDSB PROVIDES DETAILS ON PROTOCOL IF COVID HITS SCHOOLS
- ‘Glimmer of hope’ as Dufferin business community nears second wave
- Through the eyes of a Canadian female collective
- Robert Allen: A Man For All Seasons
- Marnie Cooke: “How do you turn off your ears?”
- The Artful Revival Festival – Social Distancing Applies!
- Streams Community Hub: A New Age For The Dufferin Arts
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Orangeville Food Bank Has Officially Moved!
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.