Headwaters Arts Gallery is putting on its annual juried holiday art show, Artful Giving, at the Alton Mill Arts Centre in Caledon. It opens November 11 and is on through January 8th.
Put the joy back into giving with Headwaters Arts annual juried holiday show at the Alton Mill Arts Centre in Alton [Caledon]. From the traditional to minimalist, or the modern to whimsical, and reimagined to eco-friendly gifts, 24 members and guest artists, have been busy in their workshops and studios creating and making a spectacular array of pieces.
The 2020 treasure trove of unique art and gifts includes thrown and hand-built pottery and ceramics, encaustic minis and bowls, mixed media art, textile art pouches, scarves, and wall hangings, fine art in acrylics, oils, watercolours, and photography which ranges from canvas prints, rendering on reclaimed wood, Giclee prints, and mixed-media with digital manipulations. Then choose from an eclectic artisan selection of jewelry, scarves, carved wooden pens, decorative boxes with stained glass, transparent coloured epoxy, spalted wood with a painted or lacquered finish, wood-turned bowls and platters, Moss-art centrepieces and minis, hand-crafted signs, unique Christmas ornaments and stockings, and hand-painted glass.
Come by often to enjoy the exhibit and make the giving of gifts a celebration and experience as you browse in the beautiful Headwaters Arts Gallery. So, why not head for the hills, far from those madding crowds, and put the joyous back into a season of giving, cheer, and goodwill.
For general information on the Headwaters Arts group of artists and the current shows at the Headwaters Arts Gallery, please call (519) 943-1149. Gallery hours are from Wednesday – Sunday and holiday Mondays from 10 am to 5 pm. Ample free parking and free admission to the gallery with all health protocols visibly posted and maintained.
Headwaters Arts, a not-for-profit organization, is a member-driven group of artists that operates out of the Headwaters Arts Gallery in the Alton Mill Arts Centre, in the village of Alton in Caledon. The group celebrates and promotes the work of their artist members with several open and proposal shows throughout the year, their fall fundraiser show, and Artful Giving marketplace and exhibit prior to the winter holidays. Situated in one of the key destination places in the Headwaters Region, the Headwaters Arts group enriches the artistic and cultural footprint within this extended community.
References – Artful Giving: Headwaters Arts Holiday Exhibit & Sale
- Headwaters Arts
- Artful Giving Gift Show and Sale 2020
- Amy Brown-Coleman: Eco Friendly Visual Artist
- New Earth Botanicals
- Alton Mill Arts Centre
- Agata Wisniewski: And the show must go on…
- Robert Chisholm: Always painting…
- Ann Randeraad’s EMPTY BOWLS at the Alton Legion
- Exhibition leaves Headwaters Arts with much to be thankful for!
- Renowned local portrait artist heads for the wilds
- Karen Brown is all about the Buzz!
- Mayor of Amaranth responds to investigation report
- Melancthon Council gives itself a pay raise in 2021
- Melancthon Councillor Resigns after ‘defamatory assaults’
- Mayor Currie Doubtful of Integrity Commissioner’s Value
- Township of Amaranth appoints new CAO
- NEW DETAILS ON WE CHARITY ‘EXONERATION’
- MP Kyle Seeback Asks For Local Business Nominations!
- ORANGEVILLE USED IN MARKETING CROWD CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
- Stolen pair of shoes leads to over 1000 Shoes for Shelburne
- There is assistance for homeless men in Dufferin County!
- Santa Claus will be coming to Orangeville… on a firetruck!
- My Crafty Neighbour has a space with limitless opportunity!
- Town of Orangeville launches COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards
- Update on vacant council seat in Amaranth Township
- New Grand Valley Pizza Place Opens Tonight!
- “Please…symptoms can widely range…don’t assume it’s just a cold!”
- Town of Orangeville Staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Epidemiologist Calls Out Upper Grand DSB
- Ontario teachers, exposed to COVID, may still go to class
- UGDSB Trustee Raises BIG CONCERNS Over School Lunchtime
- School Buses May Pose BIGGEST RISK to UGDSB Return To School
- UGDSB TRUSTEE CALLS BUSES “ROLLING INCUBATORS”
- IS ENOUGH BEING DONE TO KEEP LUNCHES SAFE IN THE UGDSB?
- VENTILATION AND HVAC IN UGDSB SCHOOLS
- WILL REMOTE LEARNING CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF BUSES IN UGDSB?
- UGDSB PROVIDES DETAILS ON PROTOCOL IF COVID HITS SCHOOLS
- ‘Glimmer of hope’ as Dufferin business community nears second wave
- Through the eyes of a Canadian female collective
- Amaranth Residents Call Out Mayor Currie’s Empty Threat
- Standstill hit when filling vacant Amaranth Council seat
- BIG NEWS at upcoming Amaranth council meeting
- Mayor Bob Currie Protests Donation to Food Banks
- The Artful Revival Festival – Social Distancing Applies!
- Streams Community Hub: A New Age For The Dufferin Arts
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Orangeville Food Bank Has Officially Moved!
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.