“I am proud of the way this community pulled together this year to offer support to those in need,” said Orangeville’s Deputy Mayor Andy Macintosh. “It’s a challenging historical period and we have seen many examples of people coming together and lifting others up or lending a hand.”
In Orangeville, it is possible to formally recognize members of the community for their contributions while simultaneously helping make sure food is continued to be provided to those in need.
On Tuesday, October 20, the COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards program was launched by the Town of Orangeville in efforts to highlight outstanding efforts in the community during the pandemic.
Criteria for the COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards program will be based on nominees displaying at least one of the following: positive community contribution, volunteerism, acts of kindness, providing an essential service, in addition to leadership and support in the community.
Nominations are not limited just to residents, companies and organizations can be nominated as well. There are countless instances of local businesses stepping up to the plate, going above and beyond to support the people of Dufferin. Case in point, Curry Mantra, an authentic Indian restaurant, has been feeding those in need since the beginning of the pandemic.
“People have had to stretch their imaginations to accept change, to be innovative to offer needed services and to be understanding of those who struggle with different aspects of living through a pandemic”, said Orangeville’s Deputy Mayor Macintosh.
All nominees who meet the criteria, that have made contributions and shown exemplary support to the community during the pandemic, will be recognized. Award-recipients will also have a donation made in their name to the Orangeville Food Bank.
Nominations for the COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards program can be made through the online form found here, which is located on the Town of Orangeville’s website.
For those looking to make their own donations to the Orangeville Food Bank, that can be done through this link.
References – Town of Orangeville launches COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards
- Town launches Community Recognition Award for outstanding efforts during pandemic
- COVID-19 Community Recognition Program – Nomination Form
- Make a Donation to the Orangeville Food Bank
- Santa Claus will be coming to Orangeville… on a firetruck!
- My Crafty Neighbour has a space with limitless opportunity!
- New Grand Valley Pizza Place Opens Tonight!
- Town of Orangeville launches COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards
- “Please…symptoms can widely range…don’t assume it’s just a cold!”
- Town of Orangeville Staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Epidemiologist Calls Out Upper Grand DSB
- Ontario teachers, exposed to COVID, may still go to class
- Karen Brown is all about the Buzz!
- Exhibition leaves Headwaters Arts with much to be thankful for!
- Renowned local portrait artist heads for the wilds
- UGDSB Trustee Raises BIG CONCERNS Over School Lunchtime
- School Buses May Pose BIGGEST RISK to UGDSB Return To School
- UGDSB TRUSTEE CALLS BUSES “ROLLING INCUBATORS”
- IS ENOUGH BEING DONE TO KEEP LUNCHES SAFE IN THE UGDSB?
- VENTILATION AND HVAC IN UGDSB SCHOOLS
- WILL REMOTE LEARNING CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF BUSES IN UGDSB?
- UGDSB PROVIDES DETAILS ON PROTOCOL IF COVID HITS SCHOOLS
- ‘Glimmer of hope’ as Dufferin business community nears second wave
- Through the eyes of a Canadian female collective
- Amaranth Residents Call Out Mayor Currie’s Empty Threat
- Standstill hit when filling vacant Amaranth Council seat
- BIG NEWS at upcoming Amaranth council meeting
- Mayor Bob Currie Protests Donation to Food Banks
- The Artful Revival Festival – Social Distancing Applies!
- Streams Community Hub: A New Age For The Dufferin Arts
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Orangeville Food Bank Has Officially Moved!
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.