Through a press release, the Town of Orangeville provided notice that an employee has tested positive for COVID-19. The Town states that this notice is provided out of an abundance of caution as the employee does not generally have contact with the public as part of the person’s municipal role.
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph public health has completed contact tracing and, under their advisement, the employee is self-isolating at home. According to the town, the employee was predominately working from home and was following the health and safety protocols implemented while in the workplace. Furthermore, the employee’s workspace has been deep cleaned. The Town of Orangeville is providing support to the employee as needed and extends its best wishes with hopes of a speedy recovery.
The town reminds members of the community to stay diligent and continue to practice public health measures to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in the community.
For further information about protecting oneself from COVID-19, visit www.wdgpublichealth.ca.
Update at 3:38 pm October 20, 2020: Town of Orangeville’s press release can be found here.
- Santa Claus will be coming to Orangeville… on a firetruck!
- Exhibition leaves Headwaters Arts with much to be thankful for!
- New Grand Valley Pizza Place Opens Tonight!
- Epidemiologist Calls Out Upper Grand DSB
- Ontario teachers, exposed to COVID, may still go to class
- UGDSB Trustee Raises BIG CONCERNS Over School Lunchtime
- School Buses May Pose BIGGEST RISK to UGDSB Return To School
- UGDSB TRUSTEE CALLS BUSES “ROLLING INCUBATORS”
- IS ENOUGH BEING DONE TO KEEP LUNCHES SAFE IN THE UGDSB?
- VENTILATION AND HVAC IN UGDSB SCHOOLS
- WILL REMOTE LEARNING CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF BUSES IN UGDSB?
- UGDSB PROVIDES DETAILS ON PROTOCOL IF COVID HITS SCHOOLS
- ‘Glimmer of hope’ as Dufferin business community nears second wave
- Through the eyes of a Canadian female collective
- Renowned local portrait artist heads for the wilds
- Amaranth Residents Call Out Mayor Currie’s Empty Threat
- Standstill hit when filling vacant Amaranth Council seat
- BIG NEWS at upcoming Amaranth council meeting
- Mayor Bob Currie Protests Donation to Food Banks
- The Artful Revival Festival – Social Distancing Applies!
- Streams Community Hub: A New Age For The Dufferin Arts
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Orangeville Food Bank Has Officially Moved!
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.