“We may be losing one, but we may be gaining one also,” said Grand Valley Mayor Steve Soloman in reference to the town’s pizza position.
Grand Valley’s newest pizza place had its soft-launch yesterday, on October 15, and it was a success.
Gary and Liz Biegel are making their own dough and tomato sauce to ensure the town of Grand Valley has a nearby supply of fresh-cooked pizza as long-standing Olympic Pizza will be closing its doors at the end of the month. This allows residents to stay close to home instead of having to travel down the highway to get a pie. Better yet, it is in an accessible location. Right across from the Grand Valley and District Community Centre on the town’s Main Street.
After passing the health inspection and obtaining a mobile food vendor license the Biegels had one more challenge to pass before opening. This hurdle was related to the decision to locate the business in a renovated C can container, which required an exemption from the town’s bylaws. The day before the soft launch, on October 14th, this was overcome at the Grand Valley Council meeting with a unanimous council decision.
“It’s a very pleasant C container,” said Mayor Soloman, “To be in it, you wouldn’t think it is [a C container]”. Later on, he stated that he thought it was “impressive” and a “plus for the town”.
Deputy Mayor Philip Rentsch said, “I think it’s a great idea and I think we should give it a try”.
The container being elevated from the ground, not used for storage, and easily set up for transport were all significant factors in the council approving the exemption.
Beegs Wood Oven Pizza plans to operate year-round, as the trailer is insulated, keeping the chefs and pizzas warm with its wood-fired oven. There is a wide variety of options including, but not limited to, the classic pepperoni, Margherita, BBQ Chicken, and Veggie Calabria.
Across from the arena, at 91 Main Street, Beegs Wood Oven Pizza is serving wood-fire oven pizzas Friday and Saturday, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm and later on from 5 pm until 7 pm. They are also open on Tuesday and Wednesday from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm and 5 pm to 7 pm. This is just the beginning and, with support, they are sure to grow. Their website will be located at http://www.beegspizza.com where, according to owner Gary Biegel, customers can order and pay online. Pizza-lovers can also call ahead for pick-up at 519-928-9786. They accept cash, credit, and debit. Check Biegs Wood Oven Pizza out on Instagram @beegspizza.
Grab a bite tonight!
Update on October 18, 2020 9:50 am – Operating hours for Beegs Pizza reflected to adjust most current information.
- Epidemiologist Calls Out Upper Grand DSB
- Ontario teachers, exposed to COVID, may still go to class
- UGDSB Trustee Raises BIG CONCERNS Over School Lunchtime
- School Buses May Pose BIGGEST RISK to UGDSB Return To School
- UGDSB TRUSTEE CALLS BUSES “ROLLING INCUBATORS”
- IS ENOUGH BEING DONE TO KEEP LUNCHES SAFE IN THE UGDSB?
- VENTILATION AND HVAC IN UGDSB SCHOOLS
- WILL REMOTE LEARNING CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF BUSES IN UGDSB?
- UGDSB PROVIDES DETAILS ON PROTOCOL IF COVID HITS SCHOOLS
- ‘Glimmer of hope’ as Dufferin business community nears second wave
- Through the eyes of a Canadian female collective
- Renowned local portrait artist heads for the wilds
- Amaranth Residents Call Out Mayor Currie’s Empty Threat
- Standstill hit when filling vacant Amaranth Council seat
- BIG NEWS at upcoming Amaranth council meeting
- Mayor Bob Currie Protests Donation to Food Banks
- The Artful Revival Festival – Social Distancing Applies!
- Streams Community Hub: A New Age For The Dufferin Arts
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Orangeville Food Bank Has Officially Moved!
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.