On October 14, the principal of Montgomery Village Public School, Brent Ellery, issued a notice to staff and families indicating that Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) has confirmed that there have been two confirmed cases of COVID within the school community. It was determined that these cases do not create any risk to other students or the public beyond the general community risk, so no classes will be closed as a result of this exposure.
The notice went on to mention that the building is safe and open for students and staff and that the school has been thoroughly cleaned since the exposure as part of their enhanced cleaning protocol.
For those with further questions, it was advised that people please contact Public Health at 519-822-2715, ext. 7006.
The Upper Grand District School Board has provided surveys for parents and guardians who would like to switch the mode in which their child learns.
There are three options available for elementary students and the switch would take place on November 30th. The alternatives include synchronous (real-time) remote learning, asynchronous (not real-time) remote learning, and in-person learning. The survey for elementary students can be found here. All families who complete the survey will receive more information on the change before November 30th.
For those in secondary school, there are two options and the change occurs on November 16th. The alternatives consist of remote-learning and in-person learning. The survey pertaining to secondary students can be found here. All families who complete the survey will receive more information on the change before November 16th.
The deadline to complete the survey is October 21st at 4 pm. A separate survey must be completed for each student in the household. Parents and guardians who are not able to access the online survey should call their home school for assistance before October 21st.
Help protect yourself and those around you by downloading the COVID Alert App on your phone today!
References – Two Confirmed COVID Cases at Montgomery Village PS
- Information about COVID-19 cases reported – Montgomery Village Public School
- COVID-19 Reporting – Cases in Schools – Upper Grand District School Board
- Overview of Intent to Change Mode of Learning Survey – Upper Grand District School Board
- UGDSB Elementary – Intent to Change Mode of Learning
- UGDSB Secondary: Quad 2 – Intent to Change Mode of Learning
- Managing COVID-19 symptoms and cases in schools
- Download COVID Alert today
- Epidemiologist Calls Out Upper Grand DSB
- Ontario teachers, exposed to COVID, may still go to class
- UGDSB Trustee Raises BIG CONCERNS Over School Lunchtime
- School Buses May Pose BIGGEST RISK to UGDSB Return To School
- UGDSB TRUSTEE CALLS BUSES “ROLLING INCUBATORS”
- IS ENOUGH BEING DONE TO KEEP LUNCHES SAFE IN THE UGDSB?
- VENTILATION AND HVAC IN UGDSB SCHOOLS
- WILL REMOTE LEARNING CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF BUSES IN UGDSB?
- UGDSB PROVIDES DETAILS ON PROTOCOL IF COVID HITS SCHOOLS
- ‘Glimmer of hope’ as Dufferin business community nears second wave
- Through the eyes of a Canadian female collective
- Renowned local portrait artist heads for the wilds
- Amaranth Residents Call Out Mayor Currie’s Empty Threat
- Standstill hit when filling vacant Amaranth Council seat
- BIG NEWS at upcoming Amaranth council meeting
- Mayor Bob Currie Protests Donation to Food Banks
- The Artful Revival Festival – Social Distancing Applies!
- Streams Community Hub: A New Age For The Dufferin Arts
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Orangeville Food Bank Has Officially Moved!
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.