Many annual events in Dufferin were cancelled this year due to COVID, and this has caused many of their hosts and supporters to question if they are viable in the future. At the same time, some have been able to pivot their events to an online format, allowing them to stay on course and generate even more interest than before, helping ensure sustainability. Proof of this is Shelburne’s Multicultural Day for 2020, hosted by Althea Casamento.
Althea details how Shelburne’s Multicultural Day is operating now that is has gone virtual, in addition to the importance of the event and its impact on the community. Althea shares how Shelburne’s Multicultural Day originated, who has supported the event, and how it has surpassed expectations.
Shelburne’s Multicultural Day typically takes place in May, but after being postponed due to COVID, it has gone virtual. Better yet, it has become a month-long event taking place in August. This means there is still time to participate by submitting your favourite cultural pieces! This can include arts, crafts, poetry, performances, recipes, and food! To learn more, check out the event’s website and Facebook Group.
References – Shelburne’s Multicultural Day
- Shelburne Multicultural Day – Website
- Shelburne Multicultural Event – Facebook Group
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tony Rose Pool Closure May Decimate Orangeville Otters!
- Dufferin Blood Drives: More Details!
- The Mom Market Orangeville – Something for Everyone
- Mulmur Movie Nights: Drive-In Theatre in Dufferin
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Dufferin Blood Drives in August + LTC Visitation Changes
- 2020 The Year The World Stood Still
- Your Chosen Non-Profit May Benefit From $1 Million Initiative
- Master Minecraft Camp – An Accessible Camp for Summer 2020
- Amaranth’s Proposed Flag-Raising Protocol – Analysis
- Amaranth Council Meeting Cancelled – Amaranth Pride Flag Recap
- Virtual Fireworks Celebration – Canada Day 2020
- Amaranth Mayor’s Pride Comments & Council’s Reaction
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.