The Dufferin Blood Drives happening in August are almost here! We’ve also been notified of an additional one in September. Elaine St. Pierre, Territory Manager for Canadian Blood Services, provides more information on what one can expect when donating at these events, as procedures have changed due to COVID.
Elaine shares how convenient it still is to donate if one is eligible. One can determine their eligibility by going to blood.ca. Donors can even book their appointment on the day of the drive. Details are also shared as to how Canadian Blood Services has been managing during the COVID crisis, and how the demand for blood donations changed as a result of the shutdown. As things open back up, the need for blood will rise, and it is important that those who are eligible still remember to donate.
Shelburne’s blood drives take place on Friday, August 14th and Friday, September 11th. These will take place at the Centre Dufferin Recreation Complex located at 200 Fiddle Park Lane from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The Orangeville event takes place on Monday, August 24th from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 pm at the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites located at 7 Buena Vista Drive. Book your appointment now through www.blood.ca, the GiveBlood application for smartphones, or the phone number 1-888-2DONATE.
References – Dufferin Blood Drives: More Details!
- Mulmur Movie Nights: Drive-In Theatre in Dufferin
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- IRIS R&D Group Responds: We Don’t Own FaceMatch
- Orangeville Under Surveillance?! What is IRIS R&D?
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Dufferin Blood Drives in August + LTC Visitation Changes
- 2020 The Year The World Stood Still
- Your Chosen Non-Profit May Benefit From $1 Million Initiative
- Master Minecraft Camp – An Accessible Camp for Summer 2020
- Amaranth’s Proposed Flag-Raising Protocol – Analysis
- Amaranth Council Meeting Cancelled – Amaranth Pride Flag Recap
- Virtual Fireworks Celebration – Canada Day 2020
- Amaranth Mayor’s Pride Comments & Council’s Reaction
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.