Drive-ins are making a comeback! Even better, you have a chance to experience one in Dufferin County! The Mansfield Outdoor Centre is hosting Mulmur Movie Nights, a series of classic movie screenings. Tonight, on Thursday, July 30th, they are featuring Friday the Thirteenth! Check out #mulmurmovienights on social media to learn more!
|Thursday, July 30 – 9:00 pm||Friday the 13th||Here|
|Friday, July 31 – 9:00 pm||Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone||Here|
|Saturday, August 1 – 9:00 pm||Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark||Here|
Josh MacEwen was granted the opportunity by the Mansfield Outdoor Centre to get an inside look at how Mulmur Movie Nights was set up and organized. Josh even had the chance to take video footage. Unfortunately, due to the memory card being corrupted, this footage was not able to be shared. What he did see was a very well-run, organized operation that encouraged and enabled safety. They even had a professional theatre system and an FM transmitter, in addition to a concession stand. It was an authentic drive-in experience and an opportunity to experience some sense of pre-COVID normalcy, while still being safe.
Mulmur Movie Nights was made possible by the dedicated and resourceful staff members of the Mansfield Outdoor Centre, in addition to local sponsors, businesses, and other community members taking part. These sponsors include a substantial list of small, independent businesses. Many of these businesses are owned by people who experienced financial hardship due to COVID, similar to many others in our community, as many businesses are not eligible for government support to make up for lost revenues. Still, they stepped up to make this possible. The people involved in this are supporting the community in a way that most wouldn’t even think of, and you have the opportunity to take part in it!
Screenings start at approximately 9 pm, and the gates open at 8:15 pm. On Saturday, July 31st, they are scheduled to feature Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. This will be followed by Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark on Saturday. To get tickets, check out www.mansfieldoutdoorcentre.ca or the Eventbrite links below. The Mansfield Outdoor Centre is located in Mulmur at 937365 Airport Rd.
References – Mulmur Movie Nights
- Mansfield Outdoor Centre
- Eventbrite – Mulmur SCARY Movie Nights – Thursday July 30 – FRIDAY THE 13th
- Eventbrite – Mulmur Movie Nights – Harry Potter FRIDAY JULY 31
- Eventbrite – Mulmur Movie Nights – SAT AUG 1 Indiana Jones – RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
- Pammy’s Bagged Ice and Treats
- The Creemore Coffee Company
- Need Help! Orangeville Food Bank + Orangeville Legion
- COVID-19 Surcharge in Ontario?! Who Would Do This?!
- Orangeville Library Consolidation: Who Gets Hurt?
- Dufferin Blood Drives in August + LTC Visitation Changes
- 2020 The Year The World Stood Still
- Your Chosen Non-Profit May Benefit From $1 Million Initiative
- Master Minecraft Camp – An Accessible Camp for Summer 2020
- Amaranth’s Proposed Flag-Raising Protocol – Analysis
- Amaranth Council Meeting Cancelled – Amaranth Pride Flag Recap
- Virtual Fireworks Celebration – Canada Day 2020
- Amaranth Mayor’s Pride Comments & Council’s Reaction
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.