Dufferin Media has chosen the first fifty charities and non-profits that will receive $10,000 as part of its 2020 The Year The World Stood Still campaign. Local organizations include the Orangeville Food Bank, the Alzheimer Society of Dufferin County, the Shepherd’s Cupboard Food Bank, Family Transition Place, and Fiddlehead Care Farm. The best news is that it isn’t too late for other organizations to take part in this! #tytwss
Sarah Clarke, the founder of Dufferin Media, joins us today to give us an update of the charity campaign they are running. Sarah shares with us some of the local organizations that were nominated to receive $10,000, that the campaign is called 2020 The Year The World Stood Still, and that it launches July 15th!
To stay up to date on the latest with 2020 The Year The World Stood Still, subscribe to the mailing list and follow the social media channels, which can be found here: https://2020theyeartheworldstoodstill.com/
When 2020 The Year The World Stood Still launches on July 15th, all of the first fifty organizations that have been chosen to benefit from this initiative will be unveiled. In addition to this, we will also learn how the charitable funds are being raised. This is definitely something to look forward to, so stay tuned!
Remember, there is still an opportunity for your favourite non-profit to receive $10,000 to put to good use. There is still room for fifty more organizations. Nominations open back up on August 1st, so make sure you don’t miss out by following 2020 The Year The World Stood Still on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
|2020 The Year The World Stood Still||Dufferin Media||Sarah Clarke|
Full Disclosure: Dufferin Media and Dufferin’s Spotlight formed a strategic alliance earlier this year. To learn more details, check out this press release.
Update: Reflects that the Alzheimer Society of Dufferin County was selected for the 2020 The Year The World Stood Still initiative. (July 13th)
- 2020 The Year The World Stood Still
- Your Chosen Non-Profit May Benefit From $1 Million Initiative
- Dufferin Media
- Dufferin Media – Dufferin’s Spotlight on Business
- Fiddlehead Care Farm – Dufferin’s Spotlight On Business
- Master Minecraft Camp – An Accessible Camp for Summer 2020
- Amaranth’s Proposed Flag-Raising Protocol – Analysis
- Amaranth Council Meeting Cancelled – Amaranth Pride Flag Recap
- Virtual Fireworks Celebration – Canada Day 2020
- Amaranth Mayor’s Pride Comments & Council’s Reaction
- Is The Orangeville Banner Endangering Public Health?!
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.