The Orangeville Banner has covered the concerns over the face-covering mandate rather heavily. Was their reporting on this issue in the public’s best interest? Do you feel like the concern was blown out of proportion?
Reporting at The Orangeville Banner is being funded by the Canadian taxpayer. Josh MacEwen argues that this means The Orangeville Banner should now be held to a higher standard, especially when it comes to reporting on public health and safety.
Dr. Nicola Mercer, Medical Officer of Health for Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health, issued an order under Section 22 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act for Phase 2 of the Ontario Framework for Reopening our Province on June 10, 2020. This order required all those not exempted to wear a face-covering when entering a commercial establishment. Since this order was issued, it seems like The Orangeville Banner has been doing its best to drive up concern over the validity of this order with the objective of driving readership. Concerns were raised to the point where the Dufferin Council, composed of the county’s mayors and deputy-mayors, contemplated the idea of bowing to public pressure against this order almost immediately.
Can we expect similar behaviour from The Orangeville Banner when a vaccine is released?
- Why not make masks mandatory? Physical distancing can be practiced by anyone, WDGPH top health official responds
- Media Release: Dr. Nicola Mercer issues order under Section 22 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act for Phase 2 of the Ontario Framework for Reopening our Province
- COVID-19 ORDER: Facial coverings, masks required to enter Orangeville, Shelburne, Dufferin County, Guelph businesses
- FAQs: WDGPH reacts to questions about facial covering, mask order for Orangeville, Shelburne, Dufferin County, Guelph
- REVISED: Facial covering, mask order for Orangeville, Shelburne, Dufferin County, Guelph updated by WDGPH for clarification
- ‘It’s going to be up to the stores to police this’: Dufferin County leaders react to COVID-19 facial covering order
- WHY NOW? WDGPH top doc ‘answers’ question many are asking about COVID-19 mask order for Orangeville, Shelburne, Dufferin, Guelph
- ‘We’re asking businesses to be policemen’: Erin reacts to WDGPH facial covering, mask order
- UPDATED: Orangeville Avalon Care Centre has had one positive coronavirus test, ‘no further cases’ since
- Orangeville Banner compared to TMZ in profane act of vandalism
- Doug Ford says Ontario won’t make masks mandatory — how’s that impact COVID-19 order for Orangeville, Shelburne, Dufferin, Guelph?
- Face Coverings Will Be Required If Entering Dufferin Businesses
- WDGPH Updates Order on Face Coverings
- Essential Worker? What’s it actually mean?
- Discussion on Development – Orangeville Councillor Todd Taylor
- The Dufferin Job Search Just Got Easier!
- Dufferin Speaks – Hansen Development: Discussion with Darrin Davidson
- Wireless Home Internet – Cheaper option for Rural Dufferin?
- What’s The Harm Giving Businesses A Free Online Store?
- Dufferin News – Videojournalism For Our Community
- Press Release: Dufferin’s Spotlight Production launches Online Community News Program
- Interested in Being A Contributor? Apply Here!
- Have a Tip for a News Story? Let us know!
- When You Advertise Locally, You Should Advertise With Those Who Are Local. Us.